ASEAN MEDICAL AFFAIRS MANAGER
Our client is a well-known European Medical company that specializes in diagnostic solutions and has been established for over 50 years with operations spanned across 5 continents, with a reputation for being at the forefront innovative healthcare solutions. In Thailand, they operate an office, serving as a regional hub of operations for Indochina. Due to the significant growth, our client is looking for a Medical Affairs Manager to cover the ASEAN Region to take on the crucial role within their global organization.
The Medical Affairs Associate (ASEAN) will directly report to the Head of Medical Affairs (ASEAN). The main responsibilities include maintaining and developing professional relationships with healthcare professionals and promoting the company’s products and solutions by organizing workshops and programs and assisting the Sales and Marketing team.
- Maintain and develop business relationships with healthcare professionals (e.g., physicians, pharmacists, laboratory managers, etc.) working in hospitals.
- Advise, assist, and collaborate with the Sales and Marketing team and distributors in the ASEAN region regarding the company’s products and solutions.
- Advise healthcare professionals on the company’s solutions.
- Organize medical affairs programs (e.g., workshops, training, and clinical meetings) for healthcare professionals.
- Network with health authorities and Key Opinion Leaders.
- Write up medical/ scientific paper and research protocols for studies.
- Medical degree (MBBS or similar), with training in infectious diseases or Ph. D with medical science with experience working at hospitals or Allied health care degree/ diploma (Nursing, Pharmacy, Health Science with at least 3 years of working in a reputable hospital).
- Experience in infection control programs and antimicrobial stewardship programs (and/ or in international healthcare companies – medical devices, pharmaceuticals) is advantageous.
- Familiarity with infectious disease diagnosis (microbiology, immunoassays, molecular biology) or treatment choices (antimicrobials).
- Knowledge in patient management and clinical procedures used in hospitals.
- Knowledge and exposure to various healthcare markets (Medical devices, Pharmaceuticals, IVD) in ASEAN region is a plus.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to with local, regional, and global teams.
- Strong command of Thai and English; other language is a plus.
- Detailed oriented and strong analytical and scientific skills.
- Ability to travel within ASEAN countries.