Our client is an international company that is a leading supplier of food processing solutions headquartered in the United Kingdom. They are known globally as a company that continually continues to reinvent itself and deliver best-in-class solutions with a culture of innovation and high levels of client satisfaction. Our client’s Thailand organization is seeking an experienced Regional Technical Manager to provide regional technical and administrative support to the organization and their customers.
The Assistant Technical Manager will take responsibility for the due diligence of the products and services at various manufacturing operations throughout Thailand and South Asia and provide technical and administrative support to customers. This will involve the following key responsibilities:
- Advise suppliers on customer’s technical requirements
- Participate in factory audits according to the customer’s or the company’s requirements
- Write up reports and follow-up on corrective action
- Verify due diligence documents for customers
- Visit production runs and production sites for customers, auditors, etc.
- Validate and liaise documents between customers and suppliers (e.g., specifications, microbiological results)
- Update and validate customer specifications
- Ensure that all customer requirements have been acknowledged and distributed to concerned departments
- Manage supplier reference samples
- Assist the NPD and commercial departments and customers for technical information
- Coordinate with external service / supplier (e.g., laboratories, ingredient house, packaging)
- Qualified to degree level in a related field such as Food Science, Biotechnology, Food engineering.
- Have at least 3+ years’ experience in QA/ QC in food industry
- Knowledge of HACCP, BRC, and food standard system
- Very Good command in English and Thai
- Previous regional food auditing / QA experience is preferred
- Ability to work with different cultures
- Flexibility for extended travels throughout Asia is essential