AWS DevOps Engineer - Tech/eCommerce
Our client is the Thailand’s eCommerce platform in the beauty and healthcare sector in Thailand. Formed by a group of experienced entrepreneurs, our client has formed one of the most well-known online platforms for their customers to find and get unique promotions and a full-service online booking platform in Thailand. Established in Thailand in 2018, our client has grown into Thailand’s leading healthcare booking platform and continues to experience significant growth, and due to that, they are looking for an experienced AWS DevOps Engineer to take on a crucial role within their growing organization.
The DevOps Engineer will be accountable for product updates, identifying and resolving product issues, and integrating solutions that effectively address customer requirements. The successful candidate’s overall duties and responsibilities are outlined as follows:
- Collaborate with developers, backend, and mobile engineers to plan and manage projects, making critical project management decisions to ensure that software development progresses according to the established plan.
- Communicate with and understand stakeholder needs and effectively communicate them to software developers and engineers.
- Test and analyze codes, ensure system security against cyber security threats, and identify technical problems and develop solutions.
- Adhere to the Infrastructure as a Code model to create and execute the architecture for future automated infrastructure.
- Architect and deploy an observability stack for the infrastructure, encompassing various components such as system and application alerts, security controls, and cost monitoring.
- Transfer existing backend application to docker containers/ AWS autoscaling configuration.
- Conceptualize and strategize the selection and implementation of DevOps tools and automation technologies that align with the DevOps objectives to enhance efficiency, productivity, and quality of workflow.
- Develop and manage container-native CI/ CD pipeline.
- Create and implement tools and automation mechanisms aimed to enhance the observability, availability, and reliability of the system.
- Promote and adopt sustainable incident response practices while actively engaging in blameless postmortems to foster a culture that prioritizes learning from incidents rather than assigning blames.
- Provide guidance to fellow engineers whilst shaping and defining the technical culture and contributing to building the rapidly expanding team.
- All nationalities (strong verbal and written communication in English) are welcomed.
- At least 4 years professional level experience in Site Reliability Engineering or DevOp roles.
- Demonstrated expertise in effectively managing and maintaining AWS Cloud Infrastructure is a must.
- Comprehensive knowledge of and skills in computer architecture, data structures, programming practices, and debug/ troubleshooting.
- Experience with infrastructure automation and container orchestration tools (Docker, Kubermetes, Terraform, Helm, etc.).
- Knowledge and familiarity with Ruby.
- Deep understanding and knowledge of Linux servers and networks.
- Experience with logging solutions (NewRelic, DataDog, ELK, Prometheus) and continuous integration and deployment tools (Bitbucket pipelines).
- Experience with modern cloud development practices (service-oriented architectures, REST interfaces, etc.).
- Continuously eager to expand knowledge and embrace emerging technologies that offer potential advancements.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/ Engineering, Software Engineering, Information Technology, or related field (a plus).
This is a great opportunity to grow your career with a very well-known e-commerce company in Thailand, with the added benefit of a competitive pay package and numerous training and travel opportunities.