Our client is a globally Private Equity Firm that provides financial advice and investments services for a broad range of industries. Established more than 10 years in Europe, our client currently has offices and operations throughout Asia and Europe and now has an opening opportunity for an English speaker (Thai national) to take part in one of their projects in the following capacity.
This sought-after position will be based in Samui, and the Business development role will be collaborating with all relevant departments in providing comprehensive support to the management and development of the school. The overall duties and responsibilities are outlined as follows:
- Following up on construction projects, interacting with various parties
- Proposing business development ideas, agreeing on direction with management
- Defining and controlling deadlines, quality, and budget
- Tracking projects advancement, creating lessons learnt and performance feedback, and reporting to MD
- Spreadsheets creation and maintenance for various operational management and business development initiatives tracking
- Acting as middleman between English speaking managing director and various Thai and English-speaking team on various developing projects, representing top management
- Providing gatekeeper and gateway role, delivering smooth communication between the MD and staff, demonstrating leadership to maintain credibility, trust, and support with the rest of the Management Team.
- Completing projects by assigning work to appropriate staff, including the Management Team, on behalf of the MD.
- Aware of and observe strict confidentiality at multiple levels of organization, both internally and externally
- Completing a broad variety of administrative tasks that facilitate the MD’s ability to effectively lead the organization
- Working closely with the MD to keep them well informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities, following up appropriately. Act as a “barometer,” having a sense for the issues taking place in the environment and keeping the MD updated.
- Evaluating and assisting in developing office policies and procedures for improved workflow and anticipate future needs as the organization grows. Assisting in the selection of vendors and purchase equipment, services, and supplies
- Qualified to degree level in any related subject, preferably an education related
- Thai national with fluent English both spoken and written
- Hands-on understanding of project management tools (e.g., Gantt chart, read and understand burn up and burn down charts, etc.), and personal productivity frameworks (e.g., GTD, MYN, OKRs, Eisenhower Matrix, etc.)
- Patiently interacts with stakeholders with a problem-solving approach, remaining calm and friendly in adverse situations
- Flexibility with ability to react to emergencies in a timely manner outside of regular working hours, including weekends and holidays
- Fluent in Thai and English, with a strong communication skill
Our client is offering a high profile and attractive job prospect to the right candidate, with a generous compensation package and training opportunities.