Finance Controller Asia - Automotive
Our client is a European-owned global leading manufacturer of automotive protection systems, fluid transfer solutions and seating assembly technologies. Working closely with carmakers, automotive suppliers and other OEM's, our client currently operates in 19 countries and employs more than 14,000 people worldwide. In Thailand, our client operates a Shared Service Centre to support their global operations, and they have an opening for a Finance Controller to help lead the finance process in the following capacity:
The Finance Controller will be reporting to the CCO Asia and be playing a crucial role in leading the finance process of the Asia operations. The successful candidate’s overall duties and responsibilities are outlined as follows:
- Monitoring Cost avoidance and budget compliance of the affiliated companies
- Coordinating and controlling the reportings done by the affiliated, supporting to the performance analysis
- Controlling the compliance with tax and custom laws, and proposing tax strategies if any
- Supporting with paiements, closing, tax reporting and/or following up with financial reporting, cash forecast, past due, budgetting and forecast, and audit follow-up for the Accounting & Finances for local companies, holding company and Japanese company, in relation with the accounting firms in the associated countries.
- Controlling the compliance, reviewing and updating of financial company policies and procedures in the Region.
- Leading the annual budgeting process for the Region and other forecasting activities.
- Cash flow management, capital planning and analysis.
- Relations with BOI (Thailand and HQ), and with Thai revenue department
- Leading the coordination with auditors for the Region
- Coordinating Legals with the corporate secretary
- Qualified to a degree level in Business, Accounting or Finance
- 10+ years of international experience in Controller position or experience as a Finance Manager, Auditor, or a CFO
- Knowledge of accounting standards and IFRS + knowledge of BOI companies in Thailand
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office / Google Suites, Dynamics 365, with ability to assimilate finance tools (accounting, consolidation, reporting)
- Fluent in both spoken and written English
- Detail-oriented with a focus on data accuracy and quality.
- High intercultural awareness with the ability to work in a multicultural environment.
- Regular travel overseas is needed – Philippines, India, France, China