Finance Director - Education
Established over 10 years ago in Europe, our client is a global Private Equity Firm that provides financial advice and investment services for a broad range of industries. Currently, they are looking for a Finance Director for one of their clients, a holding company for two International Schools in Bangkok and Samui. Founded over 25 years ago, the school in Bangkok is one of the oldest pre-schools in Thailand and have grown to cater to primary school students as well. On the other hand, the school in Samui has been established for almost two decades and provides both primary and secondary education. The Finance Director will be in charge of establishing financial controls and managing the financial operations of both schools.
This sought-after position will be overseeing the International School cases and will be based in Bangkok with a need to travel occasionally to Samui. He / She will mainly be responsible for the Policy & Procedures, Controls and Infrastructure, Financial Operations and Financial Reporting, Purchasing and Contracts Operations, Compliance and Stakeholders Management for the Schools. The overall duties and responsibilities are as follows:
- Recommend, execute, and monitor sound financial plans and arrangements to ensure optimum shareholders' return.
- Develop, implement, and revisit the policies and procedures of accounting, finance and purchasing to ensure balance between control and efficiency.
- Ensure the smooth and efficient operations of Finance and Purchasing Departments.
- Safeguard financial stability and minimize financial exposures of the companies.
- Develop, implement and revisit Accounting, Finance and Purchasing Policies and Procedures across operations to ensure balance between control and efficiency.
- Oversee and ensure the execution of financial operations including receipt, payment, fixed assets management, month-end closing and tax compliance to deliver the expected results with accuracy and timeliness.
- Oversee and ensure the delivery of monthly financial reports and audited financial statements with accuracy, relevance and timeliness.
- Develop, enforce and ensure compliance of purchasing strategies, supplier management procedures and Procure-to-Pay process flow.
- Oversee the execution of purchasing operations to deliver the expected results with efficiency, quality and transparency.
- Bachelor’s degree or master’s degree in accounting, finance, economics or business management.
- Fluent in both spoken and written English and Thai
- Solid professional experiences in managing finance and business support operations; any experiences in the education industry would be an advantage.
- Detail oriented, systematic, organized, logical and business acumen.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively collaborate with management and various stakeholders.
- Strategic thinker with business acumen.
- Resourceful, flexible, and able to handle pressure and changes in business directions efficiently.
- Strong leadership skills and ability to motivate and develop a team to deliver the desired results.
Our client is offering a high profile and attractive job prospect to the right candidate, with a generous compensation package and training opportunities.