Our client is an independent recycling company who specializes in the purchase, analysis and processing of Platinum Group Metals (PGM) scraps. As an industry-leading specialist in the recycling of the PGM, our client has become one of Asia’s largest processors of end-of-life catalytic converters and has been listed as one of the Top 10 Singapore’s Fastest Growing Companies Survey for four consecutive years. Established for more than 10 years ago in Singapore, our client is expanding their operation to Thailand and is now looking for their first hire to take a startup role in the following capacity.
The Operations Manager will be reporting to the Managing Director, who based in Singapore, and will be working closely with the Singapore Head office. This sought-after position will be responsible to the day-to-day operations of the Thailand office and ongoing business activities which include the following responsibilities:
- Working closely with the Head Office Management and Department Heads to share on-the-ground and business-critical information, such as compliance matters, market insights, leads and recommendations
- Relaying contact information of customers and/ or suppliers who are interested in doing business with the Head Office
- Helping to source for goods as required by Head Office
- Checking and controlling quality and quantity of secondary materials to be purchased in Thailand
- Researching and presenting business trends in Thailand, in relevance to the economic situation, related investments, marketing and demand for services in relevant market segments in Thailand
- Studying Thailand statutory law and regulations, in particular tax and export related
- Managing and overseeing administration of the Representative Office
- Helping with other non-trading activities as designated by the Management
- Bachelor’s degree in any subject, preferably in business-related field
- 4+ years of related working experience, in manufacturing environment is highly preferred
- Computer literacy with good knowledge in Microsoft Office suites (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and convey information on a timely basis
- Excellent command of both spoken and written English and Thai
This is a rare opportunity to be their first hire in Thailand with unlimited growth and promotional opportunities. The successful candidate will be rewarded with an industry leading pay package as well as overseas training opportunities.