Our client is a multinational savory food flavoring and ingredients manufacturer from the Netherlands who sells technically based applications to the world’s food manufacturing sector for more than 40 years. In Thailand, they operate both a manufacturing facility as well as a Regional Sales and R&D Center. Due to the significant growth, our client now has an opening for a Process Technologist to support their production processes in their factory in the following capacity.
The Process Technologist will be based at their factory in Samutprakarn and will be responsible for the validation and optimalization of the production processes in the current facility, including being involved in trouble-shooting and performance/data analysis. The overall duties and responsibilities are outlined as follows:
- Identifying opportunities and realizing savings (scrap reduction, output increase, simplify processes and procedures, build action matrixes and share knowledge).
- Monitoring the internal processes and remaining abreast of technological developments, in order to be able to implement them to continuously optimize the process.
- Optimizing processes and PID’s.
- Providing effective trouble-shooting/resolution against problem debottleneck in production process and developing tools to support and advise production in their way of working.
- Working closely with Production, QA, R&D and Engineering.
- Leading people with clear communication, focused on achieving results and striving for continues improvement.
- Contributing to the design of the new production facility and improving the current facility.
- Supporting process design, trials and commercialization projects.
- Actively contributing to a “safety-first” culture by reporting, preventing and rectifying hazardous situations.
- Creating reports to track performance and improvements, and establishing trial reports.
- Leading and facilitating identified improvement projects.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in chemical engineering or relevant field
- 5+ years of experience as a process technologist in a chemical and/or comparable food-related process environment
- Strong technical understanding of food processing and plant design.
- Excellent communication and coordination, problem solving, dealing with urgency, self-motivated, fast-learning, planning and organizational skills.
- Solution focused and comfortable working in an environment that demands strong along with the ability to identify problems and drive appropriate solutions.
- Resilient individual that is willing to challenge the status quo and drive improvement Competences.
- Reliable and punctual with a great sense of responsibility for company, colleagues & work.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English and Thai.
This multinational food organization is renowned for truly valuing their employees. You will be rewarded with a generous pay package and travel opportunities.