Our client is a leading company who provides laboratory technology for R&D, Quality Control and Production. Headquartered in Europe, our client has long been providing leading laboratory technology solutions that serve in the chemical and pharmaceutical research labs, food & feed quality control and testing labs as well as environmental monitoring applications sectors around the globe. Our client currently operates offices with R&D, production, sales, and service facilities around the world including Thailand, and they are currently seeking for a SEA Regional Head to lead the Thailand operation in the following capacity.
The SEA Regional Head will be responsible for the management of the Market Organization in Thailand, as well as developing and growing the business in the SEA markets. This sought-after position will be reporting to the Director – Sales & Service, and its main responsibilities and duties are outlined as follows:
- Managing Company in collaboration with a local deputy to continue and expand the high market penetration in Thailand with a particular focus on developing the private industry business.
- Take responsibility for the operation in Indonesia, Singapore and Malaysia, in close collaboration with the existing General Managers of these entities. Developing a growth and market penetration plan across these markets.
- Managing the area sales teams for other markets (where the business has no direct representation) in South East Asia and Oceania in close collaboration with distributors and the local support team
- Developing and growing the regional leadership team through regular meetings both virtual and face to face. Coaching direct reports and allowing the team to learn from each other
- Developing strategic options and organizational improvements to increase market penetration while optimizing cost structures (e.g., shared services across the region) and align implementation with the Global Director Sales & Service
- Managing the Rep office in Vietnam with the help of the local Sales Manager and developing scenarios for the future of the operation in Vietnam.
- At least a bachelor’s degree in science-related subject, preferably in chemistry
- Experience in R&D and/or QC market, specifically in Pharma, Food, Chemistry
- Management experience as General Manager in at least one South East Asian country
- Convincing and mature personality with outstanding leadership skills
- Excellent relationship building and negotiation skills
- Extensive market experience in the instrumentation market in the area
- Analytical skills to develop effective marketing & sales strategies
- CRM experience (preferably Salesforce)
- Fluent in English and preferably languages from the region
- Flexible to travel (approx. 30-50%)
This is the chance to be part of one of the leading laboratory technology solutions companies who has successfully grown exceptionally during the past years. The successful candidate will be rewarded with a generous compensation package and training opportunities.