Our client one of the world’s first e-commerce companies from the US that facilitates both consumer-to-consumer and business-to-consumer sales through their global marketplace. They currently have operations in more than 30 countries, serving their customers worldwide with their shopping website that allows customers to sell and buy a huge range of goods and services online. Our client is expanding their operations in Thailand and is seeking an experienced Business Development Manager to head their Sales Efforts in Thailand in the following role.
The Senior Business Development Manager will be responsible for the business development tasks including increasing business adoption and market penetration, aiming for Small and Medium-Sized Businesses (SMBs) in a high growth section in Thailand. The successful candidate’s overall duties and responsibilities are outlined as follows:
- Conducting strategic business development activities with the objective of introducing/positioning the opportunity to list inventory on the website to key decision-makers
- Driving activity through the initial phases of the sales cycle, creating qualified opportunities for the via generating leads through outbound prospecting, creative messaging and qualifying inbound leads to new targets within both prospect and existing accounts, presentations, demos, etc.
- Closing contracts with New Sellers as needed per company guidelines and policy, attending networking events and conventions
- Owning part or all of the relationship with New Sellers within their journeys and onboarding
- Reporting, tracking, and handling sales activities via CRM (Salesforce)
- Analyzing pipeline gaps and adjusting tactical strategy to meet long term objectives, support Lead Business Development Representatives (BDRs) with programmatic tasks, where needed
- Researching the latest trends to support delivery of pitches, through business meetings and one-on-one conversations, internally and externally, using data and insights to articulate value and decision making
- Being an active part of the team, sharing standard methodologies and participating in the Sales Development organization’s projects
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in business, or any related field
- At least 4+ years of work experience preferably in sales development or business development
- Experience operating in business where confidentiality, discretion and integrity is a must
- Proficient in sales prospecting and pipeline management with documented success in sales execution, specifically with mid-market and larger sized sellers and resellers
- Excellent command in both spoken and written English
- Knowledge of tools like Salesforce CRM, Outreach, and ZoomInfo is a plus
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision and collaboratively in a team
- Results oriented and dedicated to time management, self-motivated and accountable.
This is a great opportunity to grow your career path with one of the world’s most prestigious companies, with the added benefits of a competitive pay package and a variety of formal and informal training programs opportunities.