Our client is a Silicon Valley (USA) start-up energy-intensive industrial company from the US that has pioneering a new Battery Technology that is widely used in a number of applications in various sectors. With a recent investment from a well known Thai Conglomerate, that is also a supplier of raw materials to the firm, our client is hiring an experienced Ceramics / Material Science Engineer to manage an ongoing project in Thailand in the following capacity.
This sought-after position will be acting as company’s local representative managing their relationship with a key manufacturing and supply partner which will enable a constant bridge of communication between company’s US-based engineering and manufacturing teams and the partner’s operations. The Project Manager will be supporting the development and scaling of their products internationally which will include the following duties and responsibilities:
- Supporting the conversion of product requirements into technical specifications, developing conceptual and detailed designs along with necessary risk assessments
- Managing multiple projects concurrently within timelines and budgets
- Supporting the development of manufacturing processes and procedures, training staff, and developing quality standards
- Supporting design for high volume manufacturability and lower cost
- Developing specifications, working drawings, instructions, and other related documents
- Supporting equipment selection for functionality, cost, and scalability
- Working closely with other functional team for real time product design, development, and project implementation
- Proposing and executing product cost models and cost reduction initiatives
- Supporting technical discussions and design review meetings
- Supporting purchasing efforts to source components and services by obtaining or developing necessary technical specifications
- Qualified to a degree level in Material Science, Mechanical Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, Industrial Engineering, or a related area
- Candidates with overseas working experiences or educational experiences are highly preferred.
- 8+ years of working experience, preferably working in a Refractory / Ceramics Manufacturer
- Experience with any of mechanical engineering design, manufacturing engineering, design for manufacturing is a plus
- Experience with materials such as refractories, ceramics, and insulation, operating at high temperatures, thermal cycling and/or under high thermal stresses is a plus
- Excellent command of both spoken and written English and Thai with strong communications skills
- Ability to communicate complex engineering concepts in a clear manner
- Fluency in Solidworks is a plus
- Able to work in a team environment and collaborate well with other disciplines to develop globally optimized solutions
- Able to travel to the manufacturing partner at least 1-2 a week
This is the opportunity to be part of a renowned international energy industrial company. The successful candidate will be rewarded with a very competitive compensation package and benefits including international travel and training opportunities.