Our client is one of the world’s largest technology companies who provides software and data solutions to companies in the oil and gas sector. With more than 30 years of experience in software, our client has partnered and has been trusted by numerous oil and gas companies around the globe and is currently expanding their operations in SE Asia. Due to that, they currently have a rare opening opportunity for an experienced Technical Consultant to take on the following capacity.
The IT Technical Consultant will report to the expatriate Technical Manager and be based at one of Thailand’s leading Oil/Gas companies to provide technical support for our client’s software. The overall duties and responsibilities of this sought-after position are outlined as follows:
- Providing first level support and troubleshooting upgrading and technical advice to users.
- Being the contact point for fixing problems and handling requests between users and our client’s global development and support colleagues.
- Assisting and communication with users via email, chat, phone, and/or on-site.
- Troubleshooting and investigating the root cause of incidents that happen with application systems
- Working closely with application development teams and vendor to investigate, fix and test applications
- Qualified to a degree level in computer science or related subject.
- 3+ years of related experience
- Very good command of spoken and written English
- Able to travel frequently as part of the normal job requirements.