|Job Type||Full time|
|Salary||up to 70,000 THB/Month|
Our client is an innovative European Fintech start-up that operates in the overseas and end-to-end payment space that was created to complete with traditional payment services (i.e; Banks) to lower costs and speed of transactional completeness. With a regional office and development center in Hong Kong our client’s global support operations is located in the Central Business District of Bangkok, and there is a rare opportunity for an experienced Compliance Specialist to take on the following role:
The sought after candidate will report directly to the expatriate Compliance Director based in Hong Kong. The successful candidate will be required to fulfil the following duties and responsibilities:
· Monitor changes to any laws and regulations that may affect us, report recommended actions and support and initiate projects to resolve any compliance gaps.
· Be the contact person in the company for any policy, law or regulation related request for information.
· Be our anti-money laundering compliance officer. This includes reviewing and possibly reporting suspicious transactions to the appropriate AML regulatory Authority.
· Maintain a cordial and cooperative relationship with regulatory authorities.
· Support the KYC team when evaluating high risk merchants for compliance.
· Provide internal training related to compliance requirements.
· Continuously review and update policies to reflect compliance and business requirements.
· Special projects/tasks which will be assigned by the management
· Qualified to degree level in Law or a related subject preferably with a graduate degree from an overseas university.
· International work and/or study exposure is highly preferable.
· 5 + years of experience in a compliance role preferably within a multinational bank or related company.
· Strong background in KYC and Anti Money Laundering processes and regulations.
· Excellent spoken and written English skills.